Terms & Conditions
The receipt of your deposit and/or final payment will indicate that you and your travel agent (when applicable) have read these Terms and Conditions, and that you (and your agent) have accepted them. The Terms and Conditions below form the basis of the contractual relationship between CITS Guilin and its clients. It is extremely important that our clients understand and accept these Terms and Conditions as well as all web contents.
Important Notes of SIC Tour (Seat-in-coach Tour)
I understand you would like to join a group for travelling. Here I would like to advise that Seat in Coach Tours (SIC) may not suit everybody’s requirements. We have had some complaints about these Seat in Coach Tours from customers who were expecting something different, so I would like to explain how Seat in Coach are structured.
- Mybeijingchina does not operate Seat-in-Coach Tours. We act as a booking agent for specialized SIC operators.
- The coach will pick up and return all tour guests to their hotels. This may mean that guests spend a substantial time on the coach while traveling between hotels. This time onboard the coach is always included as part of the duration of the tour.
- A large tour group obviously reduces the ability of the guide to answer particular questions from guests and satisfy special requests from guests.
- Guests may be required to move through the attractions at a pace faster that they wish, to meet the demands of the whole tour party and the time restrictions.
- If you need to catch the overnight train, you will need to check out the hotel before you start the tour and you could save your luggage in the lobby.
- Mybeijingchina specializes in Private Tours but we also realize that some people prefer a slightly less expensive option. Is order to achieve these savings we sometimes use SIC Tours run by other operators to reduce the cost to our customers if requested by the customer. These tour operators will usually have two shopping opportunities each day and will also offer optional tours during the tour or at night. These shopping stops and tours provide income for the operator, the guide and driver. Mybeijingchina has no control over this activity. We want you to be aware of this in advance.
Mybeijingchina want to provide the best possible China experience at the best possible price so we want you to be fully informed and to meet your expectation as best we can. I hope you will allow us to see if we can better serve you.
1) After receiving your booking request, one of CHT experienced travel agents will be assigned to assist you in building a pleasant travel plan that best suits your interests.
2) The final booking will be processed and be secured only upon the receipt of a non-refundable deposit of $50 ($100 for the booking of Yangtze River Cruise) from you.
3) It is highly recommended that your tour reservation with Yangtze River Cruise be made 40 days prior to the actual traveling date while others can be made 30 days prior to the actual traveling date. A full payment by credit card is required at the time of your last-minute booking made within 15 to 1 day prior to the actual traveling date.
4) When your booking is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation letter from CHT that the proposed flights, hotels, and tours are available. If any conditions should change after the confirmation, CHT reserves the right to make changes and provide you with the similar alternative options.
We are now able to offer 3 methods of Payment:
1) Visa or Master Card secure online payment via PayPal
2) Visa or Master Card by fax
3) Wire transfer
Cash payment, travelers' check and company check is applicable upon special request, but personal checks cannot be accepted.
Disclaimer of Difference Caused by Exchange Rate
(For clients who make payment by credit card only).
China Highlights will draw Chinese currency (CNY) from your credit card. The Credit Card Company or Bank will convert this amount to the currency that is normally shown on your credit card.
China Highlights converts Chinese CNY to US Dollars at a rate of CNY 6.829 = US$1 for our quotations but must charge your credit card in Chinese currency (CNY). Banks and Credit Card companies may use rate that are less favorable to you than our rate. Here is an example:
China Highlights quotes CNY682.9 for travel and this equates to US$100 at exchange rate CNY6.829 = US$1 in our quotation. Banks and credit card companies will usually use a rate that enables them to make a profit on the exchange transaction. An example of this would be that they use an exchange of CNY6.829= US$1. This will mean that CNY682.9 equates to US$100.8 and they will charge $100.8 to your credit card. The difference of $0.8 is the profit that has been made by the bank or credit card. China Highlights has no way to alter this situation and we get no benefit from the difference appearing on your credit card.
Note: The Exchange Rates of RMB against the US Dollar and other currencies are fluctuating frequently due to the changing world financial situation. Please check the exchange rate before you pay.
The Chinese currency is currently fixed to the value of the US Dollar, so as the value of US Dollar changes on international currency market, the relationship between the Chinese Renminbi and the US Dollar remain the same. Some countries say that this does not give a true indication of the strength of the Chinese currency internationally and there is pressure on China to change the current relationship to the US Dollar.
China Highlights currently quotes tour prices in US Dollars on our web site to give you an idea of the tour cost and quote in CNY to you at the time when you are making bookings.
1. Should a revaluation of the Chinese Renminbi occur, China Highlights will honor all quotations for tours that have been fully paid at the time of the revaluation.
2. Customers who have not paid for their tour in full at the time of any revaluation will be required to pay the difference between the old and new price calculated in Renminbi. China Highlights will never charge more that our quotation that has been accepted by you, our client.
We would deeply regret your decision to cancel your trip to China, however we realize that there are many valid reasons that this can happen.
In the event of cancellation we will refund any payment made to Mybeijingchina(less any cancellation fee that is applicable) within 14 days of our receipt of your written cancellation request.
The cancellation fee will be calculated as follows:
1. Cancellation received up to 14 day before departure: 100 % refund of all monies paid.
2. Cancellation received from 7 to 13 days before departure: 10% of the tour price + full cost of Yangtze River Cruise if applicable.
3. Cancellation received from 3 to 6 days before departure: 50% of the tour price + full cost of Yangtze River Cruise if applicable.
4. Cancellation received from 2 to 0 days before departure: 100% of the tour price + full cost of Yangtze River Cruise if applicable.
No-show travelers will be charged 100% of the tour price full cost of Yangtze River Cruise if applicable.
After the trip has commenced, we are unable to refund any amount for unused services due to your willingness, early departure, late arrival, or missed days on tours.
Organized Group Tour Cancellation received up to 30 day before departure: 100% refund of all monies paid
You need to pay more if the cancellation of a member in your tour group causes the change of the Tourist Class.
Alteration of Itinerary
Alterations to your itinerary before the booking are happily processed free of charge. Alterations after payment of the deposit will attract a fee of $25.00 per request. All expenses incurred by China Highlights in alteration of the booking are the responsibility of the customer. This includes all fees and charges levied by third parties such as cruise operators, airlines and hotels.
All clients must be in possession of a valid passport and necessary visas or permits at the commencement of travel. All such documentation is the sole responsibility of the client. Your travel advisor may assist you in applying for the necessary travel documentation upon request. China Highlights accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the failure of clients to obtain appropriate documentation.
Clients should take into account all international travel risks and familiarize themselves with health requirements applicable to the areas they intend to visit. The client is solely responsible for checking the safety and security conditions, vaccination, and other health requirements of governments in countries visited or transited. Travelers to Tibet are required to provide a doctor's certificate stating that the he/she is fit to travel and his/her blood pressure and heart condition are normal. This is a necessary requirement because of the possible effects that the very high altitude may have on certain people.
In accordance with regulations of the General Administration of Civil Aviation of China, the free baggage allowance within China is 20kg for the economy class, 30kg for the business class, and 40kg for the first class, plus limited carry-on luggage. Excess baggage charges are the sole responsibility of the client. Regulations within China specify that all suitcases must have a locking device attached. Failure to follow this regulation may result in refusal by airport staff to load suitcases onto the aircraft.
Mybeijingchina tour packages include China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance up to a maximum of $29,000 provided free of charge as part of our package. We still highly recommend that you purchase full coverage travel insurance from you country of origin.
Complaints and Claims
Shall you feel unsatisfied with any service Mybeijingchina has provided, please notify your local tour guide or your travel advisor to avoid the potential for similar problems happening again during your trip.
In the event of a complaint or claim for compensation, you must inform us by email, regular mail, or facsimile in writing within 15 days from the end of your tour. Relevant receipts and substantiating evidence must be attached to the letter of claim. Mybeijingchina will not be liable for any claims made later than 15 days after the completion of your tour.
You can contact Mybeijingchina via the web form from www.mybeijingchina.com, email, fax, or phone. If for any reason, you fail to receive any reply from Mybeijingchina in regard of your tour status within 48 hours from the time you submitted the request for booking, modifying, or canceling a tour, please contact Mybeijingchina customer service center at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 86-773-25820100 immediately to ensure that we are able to deal with your enquiry under the terms of our Terms and Conditions. Contact Us From
Liability & Responsibility
Mybeijingchina shall not be liable for any loss, injury, or damage to person or property,alteration of itineraries or cancellation in part or in full, caused by climatic conditions, sea fire, breakdown of machinery or equipment, acts of government or other authorities, wars whether or not declared, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, thefts, epidemics, quarantines, medical or customs regulations, terrorist activities, or any other actions, omissions or conditions beyond China Highlights's control. Neither Mybeijingchina nor any of its affiliates or subsidiaries shall be or become liable or responsible for any additional expenses of liability sustained or incurred by the tour member as a result of any of the aforementioned causes.
Mybeijingchina shall not be responsible for any wrongful or negligent or fraudulent, omissions, changes of itinerary, cancellation or the failure of any equipment operated by any suppliers such as transportation carriers, cruise, and hotels, or any other party not directly owned or controlled by Mybeijingchina.
Mybeijingchina shall not be responsible for any wrongful or negligent acts, omissions,change of itinerary, cancellation or the failure of any equipment operated by any suppliers such as transportation carriers, cruise, and hotels, or any other party not directly owned or controlled by Mybeijingchina.
Mybeijingchina s is not responsible for a client’s failure to comply with customs regulations.
Mybeijingchina is not responsible for the theft or lost of any customer’s valuables or items of personal property due to the negligence of the customer.
Many of Mybeijingchina tour packages include activities which require care attention. Such activities include boarding and going ashore from boats, climbing hills and entering and exiting tombs and caves etc. You will receive help and advice from our representatives but all activities are undertaken at your own risk. Mybeijingchina, its employees and agents cannot be responsible for any action or event that occurs after its said employees and agents have exercised their duty and taken the necessary care.
Mybeijingchina reserves the right to modify or rescind the terms and conditions in whole, or in part at any time with or without notice.